• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • tree

got teh stuff! i got some new english books for me and a book for my dad about how to make a father of the bride speech! he's not really one for public speaking so i thought it was kind of fun!

• NuÄrDetDags

Oh, I wouldn't do my dad a favour with that book. :D He got so stressed only thinking about the speech part that we have decided to drop it.

Actually, he is the only one I can't find a christmas present for - which is starting making me nervous...

Here it has been dark the whole day. At the moment we can usually switch off the lights at about 10 am, today we had to leave them on...

• tree

NuÄrDetDags
    hhmmm... i better hope he doesn't get to worried about ti! i guess i'll speak to him at xma about it.

so dark up there! actually i had the lights on here all day too... but only becasue it is so rainy and cloudy that there was no sunshine even for teh daylight hours! already pitch black here now too... i guess it starts getting dark about 3.30ish and dark by 4... so depressing! i look forward to our break in sunny georgia usa!

• NuÄrDetDags

terri: Well, I don't know your dad (obviously), might not be a problem at all, but maybe it is good to talk about it upfront.
    I never thought my dad would get really upset about holding a speech but it turned out that the thought was "awful" to him. He thought we would expect a certain speech with a certain length and I don't know what. We never said anything like that - he kind of made up his own expectations and put himself under enormous pressure...

It took a while but now he has understood (I hope) that we don't care what he says - and even if. If he is not comfortable with it, then he doesn't have to. He wouldn't disappoint us or what. We want him to feel comfortable, even if that means he doesn't want to hold a speech. Family is strange sometimes.

I wish we could look forward to some time in a sunny area - but we will probably not leave here before January (where we have to go to Stockholm, which probably isn't the sunniest place to be in January :D).

I don't really mind the darkness, have put up more christmas candles. Though it is strange to spend the whole day in romatic candle light...

• future mrs B

terri

sorry for not getting back, started my new job today-not that I was busy but dont want to start the day by using internet. I havent tried the dress,will do saturday. my "mother in law" is coming over to help me so I can see how high the heel on my shoes needs to be. I cried when I picked it up, the ladies in the shop were so sweet. its hanging on a hook next to my bed, and I say goodnigt to it every evening....
    sorry have to go-"sister in laws" 21st birthday so going out for dinner...

• tree

future mrs B
    how lovely! have a great evening.

• Nattson

We have so much to do at work, and al I want to do is to hang here! Just a quick word.

I have booked a appointment at The bride and Groom in London for the 17of feb. :)
    It´s just round the corner from my aunt´s flat.
    Have a nice day all of you!

• 4:e Maj

Just had a look at their website and really liked the dress in the centre. Maybe I should stop looking for dresses in Sweden and go back to the UK... Am I wrong in thinking that the wedding dresses are gernerally cheaper in Sweden?

• tree

i have heard that serval time but i donät know for sure. but there is nothing to stop you trying them on in england and then finding a suppier and ordering in sweden! but then if you wants kik or garamaj i'm not sure if you cna try those in england...

• 4:e Maj

I'll spend thursday and friday trying on dresses in Stockholm and see how it goes. There is money set aside in the budget for a proper dress (h2b parents are v generous) so it's not that but there is a limit for how much I think is justifiable. When looking for houses at the same time as a wedding dress you get a totally different perspective and not as easily carried away...

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?