• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • future mrs B

we bought the english invitations, had an offer at WH smith, really nice ones. but haven't found any in swedish that we like, and I think they are all so expensive. thinking about buying nice paper and ribbon and make them myself.

• Hanban

Hi all
    just been reading your messages about cakes....we are keen on having a P.torte for one layer, fruit on another and choc on the last one. Where are you all getting your cakes from? Any advice? Thanks!

• future mrs B

my sister is making ours, its a shame you dont live in Malmo she could have made yours too...

• tree

my mum is making our invitations for us, i'm an just deciding the text...

the slott where we will get married and have the reception will mak the cake for us.

• Hanban

Thanks girls!
    Just read that no snow at xmas for Sweden, gutted! H2B and I are going to Sthlm for Jul and we wanted a white one!

• NuÄrDetDags

We have already sent our invitations in Swedish, English and German. I did them all myself, gee, the money some companies wanted were more than my wedding dress (ok, that's not hard...).

We probably get our cake from here: www.tartpinglan.se/ with a troll couple, dressed as bride and groom on the top. :D

I think you can forget white cristmas, Hanban. Unfortunately, would also love it but at least here the chances aren't very big...

• tree

so, here is something i came up with the help of some googling!...

?????????????????????.

Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love. It is with joy that we,
    Terri ****** and Olof *******
    invite you to share in a celebration of love
    as we exchange our marriage vows on
    Saturday, 18th August 2007
    at 15:30 and thereafter for the reception.
    Ulfsunda Slott, Stockholm

RSVP no later than 4th May 2007(????
    Please RSVP using this PIN number on our website

????????????????
    http://*******.weddingannouncer.com
    or by calling ******** on ****

• Nattson

My mum is making our invitations. We have sent out some already to Slovenia as my dad comes from Slovenia. But last week I changed my mind re the design so the others will look a bit different. We have decided the text so mum will have to translate it all in to english without spelling errors! Dad has translated the ones that was sent to Slovenia. The others will go out in swedish.

Re the cake mum knows a lady that will make the cake for us. H2b is alergic to eggs so she is making the top of the cake with out eggs.

• Meddelande borttaget
  • NuÄrDetDags

We wrote this in the English invitations:

On the left side:
    Let our first day
    of our mutual life
    begin with love
    and with those we love

On the right side:
    We are getting married!

Two lives, two hearts
    Joined together in friendship
    United forever in love

The civil marriage will take place
    17th March, 2007 (Saturday) 2:00 pm
    Acksjöns Chapel, Karlstad, Sweden

Afterwards, dinner and festivities will take place at Sundsta Mansion.

For further information, see addendum
    or visit www.joliwed.info.

RSVP 15th January, 2007, latest

www.joliwed.info/inbjud1.jpg

I know, not the fanciest invitions but clean and simple. :D

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?