• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • NuÄrDetDags

I like Birkalåten and Rid i Skog and I could do with something out of Lord of the Rings. I also think Enya or Clannad have some beautiful songs which may sound nice on a flute and/or violin...
    Then we only need someone to play them.

My h2b's first wish is the Liverpool FC anthem or the The Simpsons theme - i love him to bits but he can definitely forget both of them. :D

• 4:e Maj

My h2b was initally talking about a Star Wars themed wedding but decided against it after I told him that the priest would probably not allow it...

My sister attended a 70s wedding where everyone was dresses (incl. bride and groom) in 70s clothes.

• NuÄrDetDags

We just got to know that they have closed the British Embassy in Gothenburg so now we have to go to Stockholm in January (what a pity :D). Can anyone tell me if it is complicated to get from Cityterminalen in Stockholm to the Embassy?

And by the way: 1200 SEK for this English piece of paper?! They certainly know how to make money...

• 4:e Maj

Well, at least you don't have to pay to get married - the swedish church in London charges £250 (incl. organist).

To the UK embassy in Stockholm
    By bus: Bus no 69 from Sergels Torg to Ambassaderna. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes. The British Embassy is situated on Skarpögatan, directly behind the American Embassy.

By underground: Take the red line towards Ropsten to Karlaplan station. The Embassy is a 10 minute walk along Valhallavägen towards Gärdet.
    www.britishembassy.se/aboutus/contact.php

• tree

embassy is here... Skarpögatan 6, kartor.eniro.se/query%F6gatan+6&what=map&asearch=1

so u can take the red tube line to karlaplan and then walk about 1km or... Ta buss 69 från Centralen (Klarabergsviad.) mot Blockhusudden.
    Den går från Centralen (Klarabergsviad.) 12:39.
    Du är framme vid Ambassaderna ca 12:49.

Gå 300 meter till Stockholm, Skarpögatan 6.

Restid 10 minuter.

so it's quite easy!

• NuÄrDetDags

Ah, that doesn't look too complicated, thanks to both of you!

£250 only for getting married? Is that because it is the Swedish church in London or is that a general fee for getting married in England (just curious)?

• Hanban

we are marrying in the English Church in Sthlm and its costing us 9000 kr!! oh my!!

• tree

Hanban
    oh my god! thats crazy!

• tree

vad gör alihoppa idag? jag gick till jobbet igår eftersom jag hade tänkte att jag var frisk igen efter förkylningen...men det var inte så roligt för mina arbetskomrader på slutet så jag jobber hem idag!

jag jobbade kanske mycket på helgen med vår bröllopshemsiden...oops just remebred that i can write english ehre! phew! i was struggling!.. we also ordered a few thigns for theknot.com they only deliver to the usa though so unfortunately i can't recommend it to you all.

4:e maj
    how was the house you went to see on teh weeeknd?

nattson
    are you still on for thursday?

• tree

future mrs B
    how is the dress? have u tried it on at home yet?!!

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?